Friday 31 August 2012

Bourjois magic nail polish remover - Review

Helloha,

I'm always one of those people who can't be bothered to remove nail varnish when it starts chipping, usually because i've run out of cotton wool pads or decide to 'do it tomorrow', I also hate the smell of nail varnish remover. When I came across Bourjois' 'Magic nail polish remover' in Boots for £4.99, which claims to remove nail varnish in 1 second, I just had to snap it up.


I've heard Zoella (an amazing YouTube beauty guru) talking about this in the past, so knew the kind of main features of the product before I bought it. However for those of you that haven't heard of this, it's pretty much a sponge soaked in nail varnish remover in a bottle. It states that it has 'nourishing sweet almond oil' and a 'red fruit and vanilla scent'.

I used this firstly on my newspaper nails where i'd used a base coat, two coats of white polish, the newspaper ink, and then a top coat and it's safe to say it took longer than a second. So you put your finger into the hole, twist it then pull it out (that would sound dodgy out of context), although I had to do this about 5 or 6 times untill it had gone, which to be honest is still easier than removing nail polish with cotton wool. I used it again on nail varnish where i'd used just a base and 2 colour coats and left it to dry for about and an hour and it only took one second to remove it.

If you smell the sponge it definitely smells of nail varnish remover, although once you've taken your finger out and it has dried, it does in fact leave a fruity smell on your fingers, which is a major plus in my books.

I highly recommend this nifty little gadget it's a great time saver and the size which I have (75ml) could quite easily fit into your handbag. Plus it's only £4.99, the price i'd usually pay for a half decent nail varnish remover anyway.


Thanks for reading guys :)

Lots of love, Lucy xx


4 comments:

  1. I'd love to try this!

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I really like your writing style, nice blog I'm your newest follower x

    themaibug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh thats greatt i saw this typo nail polish remover but unbranded :)
    Urs new follower, follow me back
    www.beautifulflavya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so much simpler then a bottle and cotton balls..I wonder if they have it in the US?(:
    thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete